- 1. Deal with any chronic skin problems early. Though it is never too late for intervention, most skin care issues are handled best when treated early.
Start 1 year to 6 months ahead.2. Get rid of unwanted hair. Embarrassed about facial hair?Why risk irritation with shaving and/or waxing. Consider laser hair removal for long term hair reduction and toss that razor goodbye.
Start 1 year to 2 weeks ahead.3. Look relaxed with Botox injections.
Do you look like you’re frowning when you’re not? Do you squint all the time?Consider Botox to relax the lines between your brows, 2 weeks before the event so you’ll look totally relaxed. It can also be used to relax smile lines around the eyes and furrows on the forehead.
Last treatment to be rendered 2 weeks ahead.4. Rejuvenate skin with superficial peels.
Go for the glow with light chemical peels once a month or enhanced microdermabrasion every 2 weeks to help improve skin tone, texture, and tautness. Don’t forget the neck, back, chest, and décolleté if your dress is strapless or low cut. Peels help diminish fine lines and wrinkles and can do wonders on rough, spotty skin.
Start 2-3 months to 1 week before.
5. Take a serious look at your nutrition. If you don’t already do so, start drinking ½ of your body weight in ounces of water. Example: 130 lbs/2 = 65 ounces of water. Water not only hydrates you, but also leads to clear skin.By all means exercise regularly; you’ll not only feel good but exercise diminishes stress and enhances the immune system to help prevent illness.
Start 6 months to day before.
6. Stay away from caffeine. Avoid items such as caffeinated drinks, sweet tea, coffee, and soda as well as greasy foods. Start paying attention to what you eat. Veggies and fruits are better for your skin than fast food.
Start 6 months to day before.
7. Never let them see you sweat. Whether sweating causes occasional worries or near-constant embarrassment, there are treatments and techniques to limit and stop sweating. No sweat, no worries – just a beautiful and confident bride.
Start 8 to 10 weeks prior to the big day.
8. Fillers can fill fine lines; provide volume, and plump lips. The longevity of fillers can last several months or longer. If you have never had a filler treatment, it is probably a good idea to be conservative the first time around to make sure you like it.
Start 2 months to 1 month ahead.
9. Don’t ignore skin problems. There have been great advances in treating broken blood vessels, brown spots, sun damage, pigmentation problems and acne, including new topical treatments, non-invasive laser treatments, enhanced dermabrasion, and chemical peels. It’s your skin… see a dermatologist.
Start 1 year to 1 month prior.
10. You only look as good as you feel. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed with planning. Practice regular stress management by indulging in stress-relieving activities such as exercise, meditation, and quiet time. 8 hours of sleep work wonders on renewing the mind. REMEMBER, don’t forget to smile…you’re getting married!
Start 6 months to day of.
Image Source: Kip Beelman Photography via Style Me Pretty