The health and safety of our patients and staff during the current COVID-19 outbreak is our number one priority. Esthetics Center for Dermatology has increased our already strict infection control measures as recommended by the CDC. These measures include:
RESTRICTED/LIMITED IN-PERSON OFFICE VISITS:
Since the partial closing of our office since mid-March, we have done telehealth visits with select patients. Telehealth visits are conducted like regular office visits/evaluations, but done over the phone vs. face-to-face encounters. All the patients have been completely satisfied with “telephone” visits, involving various conditions dealing with the hair/scalp, skin and nails (i.e. eczema, psoriasis, skin rashes, acne, rosacea, hyper/hypo-pigmentation, scarring/keloid, folliculitis, hair loss, scalp conditions, suspicious moles, nail fungus, etc.). The time lengths of the telehealth/telephone visits are just as long as face-to-face visits and billed the same as a regular office visit (still dependent upon time, complexity of the condition(s) being treated, and being seen as a new vs. established patient). At this current time, Dr. Fuller is requiring all medical evaluations to be done as a telehealth visit. We realize that certain evaluations do require face-to-face encounters, such as a full skin exam. We will provide patients with the necessary information, regarding how these visits will be handled, on an individual basis.
COVID-19 SCREENING FOR IN-PERSON APPOINTMENTS:
Patients approved for in-person appointments, will be screened for COVID-19 prior to their appointment, as per the CDC’s recommendations. Dr. Fuller will contact scheduled patients directly for the extensive screening process. You may be asked the same screening questions repeatedly, throughout the whole process. Staff members are also screened for COVID-19, each day prior to starting work.
Our policy is a “No Touch & No Talking” policy, to avoid dispersion of micro-droplets of infections. Any questions or concerns may be asked during the screening phone call with Dr. Fuller, or any time before and after your scheduled appointment.
WHEN MAKING AN APPOINTMENT, PLEASE ADVISE US IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING APPLIES TO YOU:
· Domestic Travel: If you or someone in your household has traveled outside of North Carolina in the last 2 weeks.
· International Travel: If you or someone in your household has traveled outside the United States in the last 2 weeks.
· If you have been in any group gatherings larger than 10 people (social, business, religious and/or political), within the last 2 weeks.
· If you are considered a healthcare worker/provider, work in the service industry (i.e. salons, restaurants, airline company, retail stores, etc.), or an essential worker whose job requires close physical proximity to others.
· If you or someone in your household has ever tested positive for COVID-19.
· If you have a fever greater than 100.4 degrees, please reschedule.
· If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, shortness of breath, diminished taste or smell, headache, loss of appetite, rash, muscle/joint aches, and/or cold or flu-like symptoms, please reschedule.
· If you have been in contact with anyone experiencing any of the above symptoms, please reschedule.
· If you have been in contact with anyone who tested positive or under suspicion of having COVID-19, please reschedule.
· Additional family members/caregivers will not be permitted to attend the appointment, except in the case of a minor, handicap, or elderly patient needing assistance.
ELIMINATING THE NEED FOR A WAITING ROOM:
· Please park your car directly to the back of our building (in front of the brown door with a pink heart on it). Stay in your car and check-in by calling us at 704-370-2700, option 0, to notify us of your arrival. We request for you to remain in your car, until Dr. Fuller directs you to come out of your vehicle. She will then escort you into the building.
· If you don’t already have pre-arranged payment information on file, please provide the credit card information to Elizabeth/Liz (office manager, prior to your appointment or when checking in from your car.
· If you need to replenish any products, please let Liz know ahead of time, so that she can check on availability and also have it ready prior to your visit.
· All patients are asked to wear your own mask and any pair of gloves (any kind, if disposable gloves are not accessible).
· Please leave all personal belongings (i.e. cell phone, purse, sunglasses, etc.) in your car. If you can, please keep your car keys in a pocket if available. If not, please hold onto them until you reach the treatment room.
· Your temperature will be taken, prior to entering the treatment room.
· Once you are escorted into the treatment room, please sign the consent form. We will then ask you to remove your gloves and set your gloves and keys (if in hand) next to the consent form/clipboard, to wash your hands.
· At the end of your appointment, we will have you take your belongings and then you will be escorted out of the building to your car.
· We strictly enforce a “No Touch & No Talk” policy. All of the following will be done for you by Dr. Fuller: opening/closing of doors, turning faucets on/off, dispensing of soap, issuing paper towels. Please only speak if you have a mask on, and only when necessary. If a procedure requires for the mask to be taken off temporarily, we ask for you to not talk at all during this time.
STAFF & BUILDING MEASURES:
All staff members will be wearing protective gear, appropriate for each appointment and adhere to proper hand washing between patients. Regular cleaning and disinfecting will be done on all door handles, countertops, chairs and common surfaces after each patient.