“I couldn’t have hoped to find a better service to attain beautiful skin on my wedding day than the Esthetics Center for Dermatology provided me. The entire staff was warm and friendly. Dr. Fuller genuinely wanted me to look my best and went above and beyond my expectations to be sure my skin looked amazing.I did not have a single blemish to hide as I walked down the aisle and I’m still struck at how smooth and flawless my skin looks when looking at pictures. I’ll be a customer for life. You don’t find service like that often.”
Q: Can I improve my complexion before the wedding?
A: Yes, it is possible. The earlier you start, the better your chances are to have glowing skin on your wedding day. Even though you’ll be busy with all the wedding planning, now is not the time to neglect your eating habits. Pay close attention to your food selection. Remember…beautiful skin is healthy skin. A balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, proteins and whole grains not only will enhance your energy but will also protect your immune system and improve emotional well-being. Be sure to begin each day with a hearty breakfast to provide energy. A balance of proteins, fats, and carbs will keep you fueled through the morning. Excellent choices include a spinach omelet, peanut butter and toast, or high-fiber cereal with low fat milk.For lunch, incorporate vegetables such as a spinach salad topped with turkey, and a chicken sandwich or a veggie burger. For dinner, wild-caught salmon boasts healthy omega-3 acid anti-oxidants, steamed broccoli provides phytonutrients, and whole wheat brown rice contains fiber. In addition, don’t forget to drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated and remember to exercise daily to help relieve stress, as well as for obvious physical health benefits.
Here are some of the suggested foods for a healthy you…and healthy skin:
1. Deal with any chronic skin problems early. Though it is never too late for intervention, most skin care issues are handled best when treated early. Start 1 year to 6 months ahead.2. Get rid of unwanted hair. Embarrassed about facial hair?Why risk irritation with shaving and/or waxing. Consider laser hair removal for long term hair reduction and toss that razor goodbye. Start 1 year to 2 weeks ahead.3. Look relaxed with Botox injections. Do you look like you’re frowning when you’re not? Do you squint all the time?Consider Botox to relax the lines between your brows, 2 weeks before the event so you’ll look totally relaxed. It can also be used to relax smile lines around the eyes and furrows on the forehead. Last treatment to be rendered 2 weeks ahead.4. Rejuvenate skin with superficial peels. Go for the glow with light chemical peels once a month or enhanced microdermabrasion every 2 weeks to help improve skin tone, texture, and tautness. Don’t forget the neck, back, chest, and décolleté if your dress is strapless or low cut. Peels help diminish fine lines and wrinkles and can do wonders on rough, spotty skin. Start 2-3 months to 1 week before.
5. Take a serious look at your nutrition. If you don’t already do so, start drinking ½ of your body weight in ounces of water. Example: 130 lbs/2 = 65 ounces of water. Water not only hydrates you, but also leads to clear skin.By all means exercise regularly; you’ll not only feel good but exercise diminishes stress and enhances the immune system to help prevent illness. Start 6 months to day before.
6. Stay away from caffeine. Avoid items such as caffeinated drinks, sweet tea, coffee, and soda as well as greasy foods. Start paying attention to what you eat. Veggies and fruits are better for your skin than fast food. Start 6 months to day before.
7. Never let them see you sweat. Whether sweating causes occasional worries or near-constant embarrassment, there are treatments and techniques to limit and stop sweating. No sweat, no worries – just a beautiful and confident bride. Start 8 to 10 weeks prior to the big day.
8. Fillers can fill fine lines; provide volume, and plump lips. The longevity of fillers can last several months or longer. If you have never had a filler treatment, it is probably a good idea to be conservative the first time around to make sure you like it. Start 2 months to 1 month ahead.
9. Don’t ignore skin problems. There have been great advances in treating broken blood vessels, brown spots, sun damage, pigmentation problems and acne, including new topical treatments, non-invasive laser treatments, enhanced dermabrasion, and chemical peels. It’s your skin… see a dermatologist. Start 1 year to 1 month prior.
10. You only look as good as you feel. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed with planning. Practice regular stress management by indulging in stress-relieving activities such as exercise, meditation, and quiet time. 8 hours of sleep work wonders on renewing the mind. REMEMBER, don’t forget to smile…you’re getting married! Start 6 months to day of.
Image Source: Kip Beelman Photography via Style Me Pretty
As any excited bride, you have a long to-do list, to create the wedding of your dreams. Here’s one important thing you probably haven’t included:
A visit to your dermatologist.
Brides should start planning as soon as possible – and that includes a campaign for clear skin. “Though it’s never too late for intervention,” says Dr. Peggy Fuller of Esthetics Center for Dermatology, “most skin care issues are handled best when treated early.Don’t forget, dermatologists are medically trained to diagnose and treat skin problems, as well as diseases of the hair and nails.At Esthetics Center for Dermatology, Dr. Peggy Fuller and her staff use the latest technology, medical recommendations, and cosmetic advances to help brides achieve glowing and healthy skin. The newer procedures freshen, heal, and revive lackluster or damaged skin, with choices that include the use of topical treatments, light peels, enhanced microdermabrasion, specialized facials, injections, and non-invasive laser treatments. Dr. Fuller can also customize a daily skin care regimen, so that special glow can continue beyond the big day!Esthetics Center for Dermatology is a state-of-the-art medical facility with a spa-like ambience, located in the historic neighborhood of Elizabeth, in Charlotte, North Carolina. Let the team at Esthetics craft the perfect plan to give you healthy, radiant skin for your wedding day. Please call us at 704.370.2700 soon to schedule an appointment!